This term we are learning about:
English & Maths: Thursday 4th January - Friday 19th January 2018
- Begin to understand what a legend is and carry out research into mythical creatures.
- Discuss use of apostrophes in plurals and possessives.
- Correct sentences using apostrophes so that they are used appropriately.
- Read/listen to ‘The Seal Children’ and text map the opening.
- Identify powerful verbs from a story opening.
- Discuss features of legends.
- Collect exciting and interesting vocabulary.
- Write a descriptive paragraph.
- Identify powerful adjectives and verbs in a written description of Grendel.
- Create and describe own mythical creatures.
- Understand that when we divide by 10, digits shift one place to the right.
- Understand what each digit represents in a number with one decimal place.
- Place 3-digit numbers on a 0–1000 with 100s marked with some degree of accuracy.
- Solve a problem using knowledge of place value.
- Order at least 10 numbers with 1 decimal place.
- Recognize decimal and fraction forms of tenths (only 1/10s and 0.1s, not 1/5s and multiples of 0.2, for example)
|Al Zahraa Topic Web Spring Term A 17-18.jpg