This term we are learning about:
English & Maths: Monday 15th May - Friday 26th May 2017
- To discuss and record features of an adventure story.
- To identify and define fronted adverbials?
- Group reading of the adventure story titled ‘The Hodgeheg’ – each child gets a chance to read
- To write a dialogue from the adventure story using correct punctuation.
- To rehearse using different expressions and voices
- To identify and define compound words?
- To extend sentences with adverbs and fronted adverbials
- To re-write an extract of the story changing the role of one character.
- To write a start on their own adventure story (will progress to the middle and end – time allowing)
- SPAG: To understand the use of Adverbs, Adverbials and compound words and incorporate them into their writing.
- To recognise and describe 2-D shapes
- To recognise and describe 3-D shapes
- To Count faces, vertices and edges of 3D shapes
- To recognise half turns, three quarter turns and whole turns as number of right angles.
- To solve questions using a protractor and compass
- To begin to understand and start to measure angles in shapes.
- To draw 3-D shapes
- To revise horizontal, vertical, perpendicular and parallel lines
- To sort shapes according to whether they have parallel lines, perpendicular lines or both.
- To solve geometry word problems
- To identify and make 3-D shapes
- To make a start on interpreting data using pictograms
|Year 3 & 4 Learning Web Year 3 & 4 Learning Web Summer 1.jpg