This term we are learning about:
English & Maths: Monday 12th June - Thursday 22nd June 2017
- List features of poetry that writers use for effect.
- Group read a range of poems on a theme.
- Collect favourite words and phrases used in poems on a theme by using a thesaurus.
- Write a poem and Convert poetry into descriptive prose.
- Expand simple sentences using elaborated descriptive language.
- Collate facts about a historical event and Write descriptions of dramatic pictures.
- Listen to a classic poem and Paint/draw to express their feelings.
- Identify powerful imagery words or phrases and Write a descriptive passage.
- Plan a poem about an event from a particular point of view.
- Use poetry to describe feelings and Draft a poem.
- Review and edit poem then Present a finished version of their poem.
- Understand and use equivalence to compare and order fractions
- Convert improper fractions to mixed numbers
- Add and subtract mixed numbers with related denominators
- Revise short division of 4-digit numbers, expressing remainders as fractions;
- Find and use ratios
- Use a calculator and interpret the display.
- Use the memory button on a calculator.
- Solve problems requiring scaling by simple fractions
- Revise column addition of whole numbers, decimals and money
- Revise column subtraction of whole numbers and counting up (Frog) to subtract decimals including money; Choose a method
- Revise place value in numbers with three decimal places; Convert between kilograms and grams, litres and millilitres, metres and kilometres
- Investigate recurring decimals and rounding errors on a calculator.
- Revise mental methods to calculate word problems involving all four operations
- Solve single and multi-step problems, working out which calculation(s) are necessary
|Year 5 Learning Web Summer 1.jpg